help with some guages q&a

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i just came across some guages for my cutlass,i have a volt,temp and oil pressure gauges and also came across : a set of rally pack guages 😀 for the cutlass how to hook em up :blam: .........need help thanks for any suggestions

Odds are you will have to move a few pins around if you're switching from dummy lights. Each car's dash is a little different. I don't really have any in-depth experience with anything besides Malibu/Elky/Monte dashes, but I'm assuming the same thing has to be done. Easiest thing to do would be to pull the current cluster out, and find out which wire is which. Disconnect the temperature & oil pressure wires and trace them to the cluster. Temperature is typically green & oil pressure is usually tan. Past that you will need to find out which traces on the back of the cluster are actually the 'signal' traces to the gauges. Usually the giveaway there is there is only one trace that goes to one of 3 connections to the gauge, the other two will typically share +12v and ground connections with other gauges. You may have to do the same with the fuel gauge (like I said I don't have experience specific to Cutlass gauges, I don't even know how they're laid out), the voltmeter just gets its reading from power to the cluster.

na im tryin to hook them up into my car lol, there are 2 sets of guage clusters.....an oldsmobile rally pack guage cluster and an after market oil,temp,and volt guage.... if anyone no's ho to hook em up let me no im tryin to figure it out cause i pulled them from 2 different cars...one cutlass and a truck.....all wireing is there just i dont no where to hook up into a 307....-thanks-chris

It's basically the same for either one. For aftermarket gauges you may need a different/separate sending unit though. Why would you want to hook up 2 separate gauges to measure the same thing?

idk witch ones to hook up im not hookin both up at the same time lol..... eather or

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor