Here's what my Cutlass looks like right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
This is my work in progress. As soon as I have it running and break in the new cam, I am starting on the bodywork. It's going to be painted Navy Blue Pearl Metallic which is a 2002 Corvette/F body color.
displayimage-lastup-1-0.html

Here's my ugly 355, done to look like a stock 305 (except for the headers)
displayimage-random-10444--556.html
It has 9.5:1 compression, a Comp XE 262 cam, Comp 1.52 ratio Magnum rockers, Edelbrock TES headers, Edelbrock Performer intake, HEI with MSD module, cap, rotor and plug wires, Quadrajet carb, cold air system with dual snorkel air cleaner from a L69 Camaro, Holley mechanical fuel pump, 9C1 Caprice oil cooler. I was still putting it back together to break in the cam, so not everything is on it yet. I'm also trying to run down a late 70's Quadrajet from a Chevy to build so it looks right ( the BOP Q Jet has the wrong inlet).
OK...why don't the pics come up?

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
guess ya figured it out car looks good body work shouldn't be to horrible nice lookin project ya got on your hands. and NBM is the most awesome color of blue nice choice!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, It's actually the color it's painted right now. I painted it 3 or 4 years ago and it got damaged in storage, plus the clear started to peel on it. I bought Diamont base/clear this time instead of the cheaper PPG Omni paint I used before. It's about $300 more, but if it lasts it's cheaper in the long run to get the better paint. The car has about 14 patches welded in that I did before the last paint job, most of them in the roof, but 2 are in the quarters and 2 are in the trunk weatherstripping lip.(Unfortunately, I also found a new rust area in the roof that I will have to patch before I paint it again.) I also changed both doors, 1 fender, the trunk, all of the windows, the back bumper and the bumper covers and installed an aluminum diesel hood with the correct hood springs. It was blocked in epoxy primer twice (I used 2 gallons of primer) to get the body almost perfect.Right now I am looking for a good header panel because of a crack in the one I have now.I will probably prime nad block several sections still needing work to get it closer to perfection before I paint it this time.I also have all new weatherstripping, a new Oldsmobile emblem for the front bumper, and a bunch of other things I have bought over the years. I should have it running and driving today or tomorrow so I can use it as a backup car for my ailing Nissan truck until I can fix it.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow it should come together really nice then i hope to get the malibu painted this summer too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor