Hi all, GP owner with a ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaguarPGP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2009
Right next door to Hell, NJ
Hey everyone! I so glad I found this place. Seems like Grand Prix info is hard to find on the internet. I've got an 84 GP with with 155k miles on the original 3.8 V6 and the 3 speed transmission. I love the old school Detroit rolling iron. T-tops, power everything, cruise, bucket seats, and the aluminum turbo fin rims. I've repainted the interior from its original bluish gray to black and slver scheme, and the exterior color is some type of sea mist green that's peeling off haha. For my "sweet" hookups, I've strung some blue led lights around the interior, and I've got a Pioneer cd player. I've also covered over the fake wood on the dash and console with some adhesive carbon fiber pattern for a more up-to-date look. I'll probably be lurking around the forums for advice and to see everyone elses great looking GP's.

A quick question. Anyone ever install a kill switch on their car? How would I go about doing that. Tackling electronics has never been my strength. Should I wire it up to the ignition or some other critical component? Thanks a lot and I'll see everyone around!

chrias

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 3, 2008
Welcome!

I used an aviation style toggle switch connected to the ignition wire under the dash. It was either the pink or purple one. When I start the car I just flip the switch to the on position. When I leave I flip it down. BTW I had 4 aviation switches controlling various things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor