home made 302 recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprottrod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Sprott, Missouri
I am wanting something differant for my 79' malibu. I like nitrous and I like to turn the R's. So I am wanting to build a 302. I already have a 3 long block 283's and 2 long block 327's. I know 2 of the 283's are forged crank motors so i have an alright crank. A buddy of mine has a set of forged 5.7 summit H beams for $100. I have a NOS 250 shot that I would like to run and turn about 9000 rpm.

I would like to run AFR heads. Does anyone have any suggestions on how big of heads I should run, what cam, piston, compression ratio, Intake, carb. Thanks for any replys.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Wow that sounds likea good time!! I have thought a lot about a high RPM motor, but the off idle power of stroker is a good time too.

FLY_THE_BOWTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2007
norman ,ok
wow 9000 rpms. if i was going to turn that many rpms i would use an aftermarket lightweight crank, aluminum rods and superlite pistons. 12.5:1 compression and use alky for fuel. at least afr 230 with full cnc port job and a roller cam with approx 250-260 dur at .050 and 550 -600 lift. in my unprofessional opinion, i would use the forged crank you have and the rods from your buddy and buy some srp pistons(high compression if it a race motor or flattops if it is a street motor), afr230 (either stock out of the box or with cnc port job) and a big hyd roller cam. the 250 shot will replace the low end torque that this motor wont make n/a. just my 2 cents

ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor