Hood pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm looking at putting a set of hood pins on my malibu. I remember driving on the highway and seeing the hood begin to flex kinda made me feel a little uneasy. Being that the hoods on our cars are thin sheet metal, I know I'm not the only one who has noticed this. So are any of you guys running hood pins, what style are you using (ie torsion clip or hair clip), and in your opinions is the best brand? Any pics of your hood pins?

I've seen a billet torsion clip set in advance auto parts and I don't want to use a set of chrome steel ones. Just a personal preference cause it makes me think of chrome steel valve covers that rust after a year. I will continue to use the hood latch, the pins are more for my own piece of mind and safety backup should the hood ever flex itself loose from the latch.

im running them on my stang now. stay away from chrome they will rust in less than a year. my buddy has them on his malibu and they started rustin at about 6months. im using the some stainless steel spectre ones. i think they are a little cheaper than the billet ons. i got them from pepboys with the stainless plastic coated pin strings so i dont lose the pins. but i am definitely gonna put them on my cutlass....... i got an uncle, and hood pins saved his head. he hit a telephone pole goin about 40 in his chevelle head on after losing control and the body shop who said the car was a total loss told him if it werent for those pins the hood could have went into the cab. after that he has always told me to use them.

i paid 12 bucks for ss pin kit and 6 for the pin lanyards. i think the billet run 25 or 30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor