how do you fit them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaMC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2006
Tacoma, Washington
i have very large magnet 3" 2-way speakers and cannot figurenout how to get them in the front pods. the dash is much too close to the windshield. any ideas or do i have to wait till i put in a new windshield?

Pull the winshield or the better way is to loosen the screws at the defrost vent area and gently pull the dash pad forward. It won't take to much. I had to do this also. Now the bad news, the factory wiring is very short and requires extensions and the new speakers will just sit in there. U cannot mount them to the grilles like factory because if u do then they don't fit. Too much stuff around the magnet area that will interfere. But, I haven't had a single prob from this yet.

I was able to attach mine to the factory grill I don't remember exactly how big mine were, but they were for sure bigger than the factory speakers. I got them in without moving the dash pad, but I had to put a lot of pressure on the windshield, probably luck it did not break. Loosening up the dash pad is probably the smart way to go.

Yeah, you can get those speakers in there without pulling the windshield or dash. It will take a little bit of "physical encouragment" :lol: and they should drop in. I'd get the wiring figured out before you start forcing the speakers in. You should be able to add leads to the factory wiring and make it work, I did that with mine. What type of speakers did you get? I have a set of cheap Pioneer 2-way in there now and they blew. I'm curious to hear what you bought, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor