CUTLASS How to remove passenger wiper arm?

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
I got my drivers side arm off no issue. Picked it up just far enough for the clip to move. Used a flat screw driver and pushed forward on the clip...clip popped off and I used a flat head to work under the arm where it attached to the spindle. Boom..right off.

Passenger side, picked it up to get clip to move, clip is just flopping around on there in this position...no matter what position I put the clip in, arm will not release with any reasonable amount of prying at its base. Am I supposed to fully pop out this clip? The driver one popped out VERY easy. But almost looks as if it should not have come out lol.
What do you pros say at this lol?
Here is a pic of said clip I am referring too.
1000008087.jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Should be able to lift arm far enough to pull clip out, let arm down to rest on clip, then use now-more-rigid arm to rock off of the transmissiom

I have a tool that was common in the past to assist in wiper removal, but don't know if they're still sold today, It does essentially the same thing, provides more leverage and helps keep the arm rigid during removal

16261692279b1eeb967e5c0d5c12f04cf8fe6af80b.webp

Reactions: 5 users

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Should be able to lift arm far enough to pull clip out, let arm down to rest on clip, then use now-more-rigid arm to rock off of the transmissiom

I have a tool that was common in the past to assist in wiper removal, but don't know if they're still sold today, It does essentially the same thing, provides more leverage and helps keep the arm rigid during removal

Ok got it. So just making sure I understand. That clip SHOULD come fully out that I have pictured? It did SUPER easy on driver and then a second lil clip that looks like it sat on two tabs was there out too.

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021

I have the same tool and it works well.

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
That clip might need to swing out the tiniest bit more to clear the bottom of the transmission mount. Try rocking back and forth while pulling the clip out if you haven't already done so.

Reactions: 3 users

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks fellas! SS_Malibu, that did it! Came right off. Appreciate it! I am wondering of the drivers side was broken...as it came off clip and all with no effort.
Then both these clips were there.
1000008089.jpg

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It looks as though it’s buggered up some if you look at those two tabs on the arm

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor