how to remove window regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdizzle50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 22, 2008
there in an 84 cutlass and i would like to install in my 81 cutlass... The previous owner Super Glued the Passenger Window Handle to the mount and its stuck, im going to have to saw it off... And as for the driver, i can roll it down but I the handle to open the door from the inside has been broken off... This is why i'd just like to replace the whole part for both doors... What tools will be needed to do this.. glass is not necissary but don't mind. any help would be appreciated...

Most everything was riveted at the factory, so you will need to drill those out, I believe a ¼" bit will be sufficient. Then you can rivet them back into place, or use ¼" bolts/nuts. Did you already get the clip of the window crank before trying to remove it? They're a bit of a pain to remove if you don't have a narrow tool to push the clip off the handle.
doorhandleclip.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor