This video is from some crazy Olds guy
crazy stanley kubrick GIF

All work and no Olds makes Hutch a dull boy

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

RotaryLvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 22, 2022
Oh great! Dueling expert posters! Thank you for the help! Now all I need to overcome is the fear of breaking something on an almost 40 year old car...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For the most part, you only work on it to fix broke sh*t, so it's probably unlikely you could break it more. Oh, wait. I'm wrong. I've broken a bunch of sh*t I probably shouldn't have over the years trying to fix other broke sh*t. We all have. Take your time, study and think ahead of potential pitfalls, and usually it works out. Plus you learn something.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
And take the time to watch those videos. They are very detailed and informative and will take away some of your fear.

Reactions: 1 user

RotaryLvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 22, 2022
Will do, thanks for the advice. I will update as I'mg going through this!!

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
We all have. Take your time, study and think ahead of potential pitfalls, and usually it works out. Plus you learn something.
X2

THE best lessons I've learned were from my abject failures. The test is to overcome that and push on.

Too much?? Maybe too much ;)

RotaryLvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 22, 2022
Agreed! The part that worries me is breaking something that isn't available...generally speaking. To that end and in the context of this discussion, I went to the pullapart and pulled the HVAC from a 93 Buick. Looked pretty much the same as what I've got and what I've seen on the videos that have been attached. Iwhen I went on Saturday to pick it up, they had gotten a 90 Oldsmobile in, the little one, 4 door which had the lever action HVAC head as well. I'm thinking of stocking up, just in case...! They also had a 07 Solstice that had just come in. There was a guy pulling the turbocharged motor and the convertable top. I talked to him for a bit and he was really going to get the motor and top out that day. The car has an aluminum frame. Also aluminum front end parts. Really set up for racing it seems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor