I need your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2008
Ohio
I have 84 GP Brougham. I've already did an enginge and rear end swap to a 455 and posi. rear. I can't decide on rather to change from split bench seats to buckets and floor console shifter or to just leave it like it is. Help me decide.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Hell yes if you already have a 455 in it then its deserving of buckets & a console shift. It would definately help complete the package. Very cool car! I planned to put a 455 Olds in an Olds and would not buy one until I found one with buckets & a console shift. I actually stumbled across a free Cadillac 500 so I put that in there which I am now very happy about. After totaling that one I picked up the 442. Does the GP have some type of ralley guage pack with a tach etc? The Cutlass did so I hooked up the factory tach and oil pressure guages to work with the 500 to keep it factory looking. Just a thought and an idea for ya.

Ivan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2008
Ohio
Yes I have the factory gauges and tach hooked up to work with the 455. As soon as I can find a floor console shifter with the brackets, I will start on the conversion. I've been looking for the console shifter for a while, but haven't had any luck. As soon as I do I will start on it and post some pics. Thanks.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The bucket seats and floor shifter are good for the racing look, you'll get an easier shift with the floor shifter also. But if you want to stay looking stock then leave the bench and column shifter.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
I have seen a few with a 3rd gen camaro console in it id go buckets and a console i hate bench seats.

Ivan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2008
Ohio
I appreicate everyone opinions. I have decided to go with the bucket seats and floor shifter.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Ritter I think Ivan means console/shifter & buckets out of a Gran Prix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor