Identifying wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2018
Sacramento California
Hello all
I am pretty sure when I bought by 79 el camino these wires were not hooked up. Now that I've gotten my dash ready to go back on I'm trying to figure out where they go. It looks like they might go down on the column, neutral safety switch area but my old column only had one connector down there. Any help?

Attachments

• 15292796894641219429310.jpg
    15292796894641219429310.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 272

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Hello all
I am pretty sure when I bought by 79 el camino these wires were not hooked up. Now that I've gotten my dash ready to go back on I'm trying to figure out where they go. It looks like they might go down on the column, neutral safety switch area but my old column only had one connector down there. Any help?
They go to the switch for the clutch pedal. It keeps the car from starting unless the pedal is pressed .

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor