Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
And you wanted to build a new engine what would you go with? I know SBC's are the most popular because they're affordable and they give a lot of bang for your buck but taking price out of the equation what would you choose and why? What's your dream build?

If price wasn't an issue, i'd do a balls out SB2.2 headed SBC. nice short stroke big bore engine. something in the low 400 cubic inch range with ridiculous compression/camshaft. billet crank with aluminum rods, good pistons, shaft mount rockers with a belt drive and a dry sump. It would have a sheetmetal manifold with dual dominators, and a 2 stage fogger system (250hp each). id spin it 9,000 rpm and mate it with a clutchless 5 speed.

if money wass'nt an issue sh*t i'd drop and ls7 on my monte lol

Horsepower: 505
Torque: 470
Bore: 4.125''
Stroke: 4.000''

Attachments

• LS7-Turnkey-1.jpg
    LS7-Turnkey-1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,135
I'd go with a Pontiac and build it to live at high rpm with a bulletproof rotating assembly and oiling system. I already have a 68' RAIII/HO four bolt main 400ci motor and I would get a forged crank, rods, pistons, and aluminum heads for it and build it for sustained punishment. That means I would like to be able to drive it like I stole it and not break anything, ever.

I have always wanted to build a "big" pontiac motor, 500 or more cubic inches. I would do an aluminum IA II motor with edelbrock heads and a hyd. roller cam with fuel injection. I also like LS motors but it seems that everyone is doing those so I think I would do a big pontiac.

Man o man..When I first started my SS build, the economy was rollin strong and money was not an issue for me. I was gonna do a pro charged ZZ502 crate setup. I let the shop talk me outta doin it. Fast fwd 7 years and now that I do my own wrenching I know better.I should have done it. But the economy is shot. No loot to do it now. Sucks. 🙁 Maybe one day...

Elco Warren 8)

Buick, Olds, Chevy and Pontiac big blocks can all make awesome power. I would go with a big block from the division that made the car.

So if its a Regal go with the Buick 455, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor