indy vs nascar vs rally in a drag race

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I drive dangerous gases around for a living and because of this I have a lot of time to think about stupid stuff to make the time pass. I've also been watching a lot of youtube videos of cars racing, trucks in mud bogs and about anything with a motor doing what it was built to do. I would love to take those vehicles and make them race down the quarter mile. How cool would that be to see a vehicle built to race in the pikes peek hill climb go against one of those outlaw cars. I could think dozens of combinations that would be interesting to watch.

I always liked this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjhInJ03-Lg

Corvette C5R road race car on a drag strip run. Notice he only does the 1/4 in 13.5 seconds but he's going 125mph! It's actually a neat example of how traction helps your ET but horsepower helps your MPH.
Also notice that when most drag cars are trying to hit their puny brakes to get their car stopped, the C5R is still accelerating. lol

I wrench on a winged dirt track Sprint Car (see avatar). 1500 pounds wet with driver, and our current 410 motor dyno'd at 848 hp with a wide powerband. Power to weight ratio is awesome, but we have no transmission, so a standing start would require a push truck. All I know is that it pulls pretty damn hard from about 60 mph to 130 or so.

Bill

nice video! i love how he slings the rear out in 4th gear! but i wonder if he heated up the tires right? or had the right ones on?
just imagine what that thing would do with good launch traction :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor