Inner fender Wells

Status
Not open for further replies.

78PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2009
Queens,Ny
Yes hello everyone I just have a quick question. It’s about inner fender wells I saw that opg Is starting to make more parts for our cars now and they have inner fender wells that im interested in. Part ID: L240655 Model Year: 1978-87(G body) but its only for the for the el camino Malibu and the monte (popular G bodies) My question is, I have a 1978 Pontiac grand prix and will that particular part fit on my car being that its still a Gm Car?

78PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2009
Queens,Ny
What can possibly be different about them? It says it can also fit an abody chevelle, I dont think gm would make different kind of wheel wells for gbodys and waste money thats just my opinion idk if its true though

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
hey GP

I got them from my 79 monte carlo. I think you posted on another board. You can buy mine and see what the difference in. it shouldnt be much.

why are you looking for them anyway?

hit me up. im in nassau. bethpage actually

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Just for one example some of the early ones were made out of steel instead of plastic. The depth of the fenders on the engine bay side were different. I think there is some differences betwwen the plastic ones too.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The difference lies in where the wheel well attaches around the wheel opening of the fender.
There are quite a few different wheel wells for the various G-body models.

As for it listing that it will fit a-body Chevelle... that's because for some reason lots of places still list a '78-'81 Malibu/Chevelle together like they're the same as a '70-'72 Malibu/Chevelle, even though they never offered the nameplate in the G-body years...

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I would say these will fit your 78 Grand Prix.. The originals were made so you could mount the battey tray or the charcoal canister on either side. That may be your only issue. Malibu, Elky, Lemans, Grand Prix 78 you're ok.Not sure about the cuttlass or Monte.
78 G.P. in a loacal yard here now...Made in North America.....78 and 79 are steel, 80 on up are plastic..(Pontiac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor