Instrument Cluster Lighting (Again)

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
If you remember I drilled a hole thru my cluster gauge circuit board to installl the wiring/vac line to the Vac gauge! Well I replaced the board and didn't connect the speedo cable, the turn signals worked but both lights would fliker on/off and the temp gauge worked when it felt like it. Well I ordered a new board since I kinda messed up the 1st new one. Well, after working in my garage around 95 degrees for two days, I finally installed board #2 after two years! Hooked up the speedo and replaced all the bulbs with Sylvania Osram 2825. Changed the tint of the Vac gauge. I like the blueish tint reflected from the light blue factory cluster inside paint. I installed the speedo cable by undoing it in the engine compartment and pushing it thru the firewall to give enough slack to hook up to the gauge. There was no way for my hand to reach thru the maze of wiring harness and brackets under the dash. Now everything works!

Attachments

• Sylvania Osram LEDs 2825 (1).jpg
    Sylvania Osram LEDs 2825 (1).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CircuitBoard (2).jpg
    CircuitBoard (2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor