intake stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

project455

n00b
Aug 10, 2005
COLOR=blue]i am building a '76 455 engine to put into my 86 cutlass and I just installed the edelbrock performer intake manifold. When I went to install the original vacuum tees, plugs and coolant temperature sensor, they did not fit into the holes drilled and tapped into the intake. They were by far too small. Have any of you experienced this before?? summit and jegs have been of no help, I figured that you guys have probably seen about everything on this board. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

dan :?: :twisted:

Sensor mounting

Not sure if you mean that: 1) the sensors are smaller than the female threaded holes in the manifold OR 2) the manifold holes are smaller than the sensors. So....

#1 Use brass reducer bushings to "up" the sensor sizes.

#2 - This will require drilling out larger and re-tapping the holes in the manifold to the proper size. You'll need to know the pipe thread size of the sensors 1st, then use the correct drill bit for the correct tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor