Interchangeable Radiator support ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHomie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2015
I have a 78 monte carlo and the inner Radiator Support. I think that's the name of it. Its the metal bracket that runs fender to fender that the hood connects to and it holds the radiator. Well mine is damaged by the passenger fender where the car had obviously been in a previous accident and was bent out. Problem is the fenders and hood wont align correctly.. I have someone willing to give me the one off there elcamino and I was wondering....

Will the inner radiator bracket off the elcamino work with the monte carlo? I think they are the same part because the elcamino looks to be between 78 to 81? The horns on the monte carlo are beside the radiator and the horns on the elcamino are in the fender seems to be the only difference.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are the same. Typical GM one-size-fits-all thinking as well as making the battery tray and charcoal canister mount on either side depending on what side the starter is on. Plus, from Chevy to Chevy I'm thinking it's a natural.

Reactions: Longroof79
I too am guessing that it's the same fit.

I looked up the part #'s on a '78 Monte and a '78-'81 Malibu, and the part #'s are identical. so it would be the same as for an El Camino.

Last edited:
I have a 78 monte carlo and the inner Radiator Support. I think that's the name of it. Its the metal bracket that runs fender to fender that the hood connects to and it holds the radiator. Well mine is damaged by the passenger fender where the car had obviously been in a previous accident and was bent out. Problem is the fenders and hood wont align correctly.. I have someone willing to give me the one off there elcamino and I was wondering....

Will the inner radiator bracket off the elcamino work with the monte carlo? I think they are the same part because the elcamino looks to be between 78 to 81? The horns on the monte carlo are beside the radiator and the horns on the elcamino are in the fender seems to be the only difference.

The radiator support for 78 monte carlo fits the following

82-86 Bonneville
78-80 cutlass
78-81 century
81-87 cutlass 4 door
78-80 g/p
78-81 le mans
78-81 Malibu
78-81 monte
78-80 regal
78-81 el camino

Thank You. I finally got the part and put them side by side. they look identical so far. time to sand and paint

The radiator support for 78 monte carlo fits the following

82-86 Bonneville
78-80 cutlass
78-81 century
81-87 cutlass 4 door
78-80 g/p
78-81 le mans
78-81 Malibu
78-81 monte
78-80 regal
78-81 el camino
By chance, would any one know which models came with aluminum instead of steel? I know headlight configuration played a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor