Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I won't even give an opinion on what is happening there just yet. I post this for everyone else to give theirs.

this sh*t has been going on for the last 5 years. It's just our foreign policy has changed to now make it look like they're going through some sort of revolutionary rebellion. I know more than a few Persians at U of H and they all told me (a few years ago) how it actually was over there. No one liked Ahmadinejad and the US media was depicting them as some terrorist organization to fit baby bush's america. Riots weren't at all uncommon from what I heard against their administration, the UN took so much away from those people... now we've got to save face and pretend they weren't our enemies 6 months ago because the truth comes out that the people hate their leader. It's so clear it's just a bunch of propaganda, why didn't we see Iran's protest demonstrations all over the news 3 months ago? Cuz it didn't fit our liking to throw out the old ruler. Why the **** do we need to get in people's business. Start showing joe the plumber for another few months until Iran has gone through their election/revolution themselves

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I won't even give an opinion on what is happening there just yet. I post this for everyone else to give theirs.
I don't really have an opinion; I just find it interesting...and sort of a relief.

I knew over a year ago that the people of Iran hated Ahmadinnerjacket. I am really unsure if the opposition would be any better for the people than what is in power right now. I feel we don't have a right to get involved in their election. How can we give support to the opposition, and still try to be diplomatic with the current leadership? In my mind it doesn't work.

Well, here is my opinion. We should support the green revolution in any political way we can. There is no use trying to deal with the current regime as they are religious ideologues who are beyond reason. Hopefully, a regime change will bring about more moderate forces that wish to be part of the greater community of nations. Also, Bush never said he was against the Iranian people. He actually was trying to work towards overthrowing the government there by using the political forces that existed within the country. I am cheering for the Iranians and hope to soon see the day where they can join the community of free and democratic people. It is reprehensible that Obama initially said he did not care what happened in Iran as we have been trying for 30 years to get the government overthrown. We finally have a chance, and he does not wish to exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor