j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: our mom passed away-house, money issues

The only thing I can say is get an attorney...good luck.

1st rule of things like this familly is never happy . I know its the familly home but he could not pay bills to save it before he wont now.

Tell your brother that if he wants to use his half towards the house fine the other half is yours.

You r trying to get your life started with you degree. Find a couple freinds and get a place way less and .

Hey man, first off, I'm very sorry for your loss. From the way you spoke about your mother in previous posts, you obviously cared for her a gret deal.

As for the rest, pardon my harsh words, but your bum brother and mooch of an uncle obviously don't give a rats *ss about you, your education or your futur. Sometimes in life you have to cut your losses and move-on and that's what you should do. Take your half of the $50 000 inheritance and GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THERE! Your family? will just bring you down and try to empty your pcockets now and after you get a decent job with your degree. with $25k you should be able to easily find a place to live and build your futur without them. Take your personnal stuff and whatever inportant stuff that reminds you of your parents (pictures and stuff like that), and move out. NOW! If your bs brother wants buy back the house, let him. He will probably just lose back again soon. Just don't buy into his BS, He's abviously looking to cover his own *ss and sell yours while he's at it. I know it's hard to do but for your own well being, get out. I have seen a few friends live through similar situations over the years and all they did was bring themselves down and lose what they had to greedy familly members and end up starting over after they were milked for all they had and then dumped by their familly when there was no longer juice to squeeze out of them.

That's my opinion, hope it helps.
Dean

Good advice, take the money and run, don't walk. Forget the appliances and junk, used stuff like that is chump change beside what staying there will cost you. Take Mom's love and start your grown up life. :wink:

I know its a hard decision to make but i know what you are going thru, my mooch brother has two sons with different mom's his oldest was in a very bad situation, he would'nt work and support either of them,my mom and dad worked very hard for their home and thanks to my sorry brother they no longer have one, they used up all the house was worth getting custody of my nephew they are both disabled they built that house brand new in 1985, its been a year now since they lost it, it's where i grew up as a teen. me my dad and grandparents laid the sandstone rock on it to save money. i live just up the road from it so i could be close to them and help out more,it breaks my heart to pass by it with the grass waist high knowing i can never go back again, family will screw you worse than anyone my brother is full of greed and thinks the world owes him everything. take the cash and RUN!!!! you can't help people like that i have tried for 20 years i finally woke up, now i know why some folks don't have anything to do with some of their family members ,oh and my brother is still mooching off my parents and he is 35 years old!!! i totally gave up on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor