just double checking on something before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

boberoberson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2013
So as you all know, that pesky oil pressure switch i had to rig fittings in to get the sensor hooked up and tryed some thread locker but that only holds when its not hot. i noticed some of the thread was taken out(i think i cranked on it too hard) and here's what i got probally gona replace the one with damage threads but before i do that, these fittings i believe are metric(13 on the one that connects the bottom to the top and 11 on the bottom). Everything threads fine, but i figure ill ask if any knows if these are the exact correct fittings to use. Im gona use the black rtv since i think its stronger then the thread locker. better to be safe then sorry(sorry im asking so many questions i wasnt around when the car was being taken apart so i have to figure everything out and its my first rebuild :? )

Is that package supposed to sat "maximum" instead of "maxium"? Sorry, I'm no help to your question.

Damn looks like you've got quiet the fittings there. Is it leaking from the brass sh*t you got? Brass is soft gotta be easy with it, most aftermarket oil pressure gauges have brass fittings, had to torque mine down a lil more too cause of a lil leak.The Ultra Black is some good stuff, just make sure you clean the areas off real good with some brake/carb cleaner or some over 90% rubbing alcohol if in a pinch get that cheap at wally world, I also suggest let it set a day to cure real good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor