Just thinkin' out loud.... What if Caddy had a G-Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Okay so I was workin' on one of the small 80's Eldos this mornin' (changin' out a fuel pump and some other stuff) and the whole time I'm lookin' at it thinkin' about how much cooler it would be on a G platform.....

I wonder what Cad would have built if they jumped on the G-Body bus....

Interesting thought. I've seen a few Cadillac El Caminos conversions, so I wonder how they're done.

I always thought it was strange that Caddy's were the only GM line that didn't have a g-body. I wonder why?

actually,a couple models look similar to g bodies,like the 80's eldorados
3112.jpg

Yep, those Eldo's are what got me thinkin' about it.....

that does kinda look gbodyish

For a long time I assumed that the late '70s Sevilles were Gbody until I actually got up close and found out they were Nova (Xbody) based.

Minion1186 said:
3112.jpg

too bad the wrong wheels got the power.... :?

Minion1186 said:
3112.jpg

Is that a coach convertible?

Cadillacs also had some bad motors in the 80s-90s. How are the new motors? Also what is with that ridiculous body line from bumper to bumper?

Don't know about their newest offerings, but the mid 90's northstar is one tough sob. We had to blow one up for the cfc program, (hated to do it) and that thing would not go. Lasted almost fifteen minutes with no oil, the "clunker bomb" additive, and held wide open. Very impressive, no other car/truck engine we trashed came close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor