Kickdown Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
is there a right and wrong way to hook one up on a TH350? I coulda sworn on my old setup (crate 350 with Holly 600 to TCI Sizzler 350 Trans) that I wasn't getting the right throttle response and shifts....cuz sometimes it would shift right and others it would have a late response..like you could mash on the pedal and the car wouldn't pick up right away..i heard that you can rig it somehow to where you can get the four barrels to dump everytime...but that also means guzzlin more gas...i guess what i'm askin is how to know your getting the most out of how you hook it up...i know it's a matter of adjusting it..or i think...any advice would be appreciated

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
Sounds like the vaccum modulator might not be working right.Make sure it is in good shape and the line to it is not plugged or kinked.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Mine does the exact same thing. I was told that the cable to the transmission is probably too long. The piece that goes to the carb has the long oval shape. It is supposed to be all the way to the back with more of the opening to the firewall. It is also supposed to be tight with very little slack in it.

As soon as we get done with my neighbors car, we are going to go threw it and see if we can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor