LEAD: Ebay NOS GUIDE Low-Beam Headlamps Rectangular

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I realize they're not the brightest bulb in the box, but these are what originally came in about 40 zillion A/G body 4-lamp rectangular systems. They're "GUIDE" embossed which came in most applications in the late 70s through 80s, even the light trucks. If you're not using these, then your restoration is a fail in originality for the headlamp department. The key is, you can run whatever headlamps you wish until show day, then swap them out for these to get originality points. Then swap back when the show's over. GM sold a ton of GE and Sylvania bulbs in GM/Delco boxes that weren't embossed with GUIDE. While technically still a "GM part", it isn't what originally came in the car. In fact, some of those later GM bulbs have GE logos on them.

A tad pricey it seems, but hey, if you're actually RESTORING your car to GM specs, these are the "correct" low-beam lamps to do it (if your car did not have Halogen low-beams). So pony up if you want correct. As usual, I know nothing, I see nothing. Just passing it along.

Wow, went to look at the ad again and now they're ALL gone! That was quick. If you missed out here, keep in mind that the part number is 5966200 but make sure it has GUIDE embossed on the top front edge.

If you think these are hard to find, try finding new GUIDE halogen high beams.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor