Leather Steering Wheel Wrap/Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
unitedf-body.com
Thought I’d post this up, a local guy does awesome work on leather wheel wrap, you can call/ email for info, or pricing. He will get you a leather color sample on request, the camel he had for my 78 was rite on the money, the couple do work for some PT cars for the auto makers, if your wheel didn’t have leather on it from the factory, it will be slightly larger dia, but that feels nice having a fatter wheel, I picked up a spare at the swap then had it wrapped, saving my factory one. here’s their info. All work is hand done, be careful, some parts suppliers add $100 to their price to be the “ middleman” for the service, go rite to the source, save money. I’m going to inquire about having the outer horn button/hub wrapped as well.
Process- wrap a thin felt on, then the leather, hand punch, and hand stitch
Corvette/Buick/Pontiac Formula leather steering wheel resto 586-677-2719, Macomb Mi

[email protected]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I found this website when researching about steering wheel restorations. I plan to use them once I get my car from my lead-assed mechanic's clutches: https://craftcustoms.com/ . The services offered cover pretty much everything regarding steering wheel restorations.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor