Leather wrapped wheel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommytpk

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2014
Hi,
I put a carmine sport wheel on my 79 Cutlass a couple of years back. Last fall, we moved (still in NJ) to a house with a large garage, but with a gravel driveway. Inside the garage, it was as humid as I could ever remember (the windows were condensating), I'm assuming because of the unpaved driveway. Anyway, I noticed that the steering wheel (which was in excellent condition) became darkened, and was tacky to the touch. I didn't touch it after noticing that. It looks a lot like wrecked leather wheels I have seen in the past that got soaking wet from rain water. Is there any product I can use to reverse this? Haven't had much time to touch the project (the 455 is on a stand), but before we get into the season of tropical humidity again, I wanted to address it. These wheels ain't cheap, and I hope it's fixable. Thanks for any thoughts!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor