"Lil' Ping-Ping" Figure 8 car

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Having a second go at the double figure-8 races this summer. Did it once a few years ago for sh*ts n giggles, and because my friend wanted his car to go out in style... but i've decided to have another run at it... and take it a little more seriously.

Got "Lil' Ping-Ping" for 300 bucks a few weeks ago... its a 98 hyundai accent. You'd know why I named it that if you've ever got in one of these and heard the sound it makes when you turn the ignition key....
Right now i'm in the process of stripping it down and painting it (I ran out of paint before i could finish the car). I still need to take the windshields out and weld the doors shut, amongst other things.

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Almost done painting it up. I keep running out of damn paint!!!!
Also, the lettering came out like garbage so i'm doing it over again

DSC02407.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
if you still need to weld the doors shut, id hold off on finishing the paint until thats done. i know its just cheap spray paint but, why paint it twice? looks like fun though!

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
maliburacinfreak said:
if you still need to weld the doors shut, id hold off on finishing the paint until thats done. i know its just cheap spray paint but, why paint it twice? looks like fun though!

its easier to paint the doors when they're able to open

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor