Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Young0utlaw81Cutlass said:
Do you mean offset? I think front 15 and back 30

I don't see those working on your car. G-body's really need a negative offset, especially in the rear. Those really sound like FWD wheels.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I believe that 5" of backspacing is the most that you can run on a G-body without notching the frame or using some spacers/adapters.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Qdub24 said:
I believe that 5" of backspacing is the most that you can run on a G-body without notching the frame or using some spacers/adapters.

Ok thanks so a 13 offset should be good,

The 9.5" width front wheel with a +15 offset will be equivalent to 5.84" backspacing. You might can get away with that on the front.
No, for the rear. A 10.5" width wheel with a +13 offset will be equivalent to 6.26" backspacing.

Qdub24 said:
For the rear, a 10.5" width wheel with a +30 offset would be equivalent to 6.93" backspacing. A +15 offset would be equivalent to 6.34" backspacing on a 10.5" wheel. I used the link provided to figure those numbers: http://www.customwheeloffset.com/tire-w ... alculators

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
Qdub24 said:
Qdub24 said:

Ok thanks so a 13 offset should be good,

The 9.5" width front wheel with a +15 offset will be equivalent to 5.84" backspacing. You might can get away with that on the front.
No, for the rear. A 10.5" width wheel with a +13 offset will be equivalent to 6.26" backspacing.

Qdub24 said:
For the rear, a 10.5" width wheel with a +30 offset would be equivalent to 6.93" backspacing. A +15 offset would be equivalent to 6.34" backspacing on a 10.5" wheel. I used the link provided to figure those numbers: http://www.customwheeloffset.com/tire-w ... alculators

I went with 22x9.5 all around 15 low offset hope im good but thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor