Looking for a lost 1979 Chevy Malibu Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre

n00b
Dec 20, 2020
Hi, I thought I would try and see if I could find my fathers 1979 Malibu wagon. It was bought brand new in August of 1979, our family had it for 26 years. The car needed a lot of work so my father decided it was time to send it off. He had one of those auto removal salvage businesses come and tow the car away back in 2006. The guy who came and towed it off said if he could get her started he would tinker with it. The car could run but needed a new battery. I wondered what became of the car. I have no clue which business came and got the car. I plan on looking up some phone numbers of local car salvage yards, but I doubt they would know. I thought maybe someone here may have gotten it.

I have the VIN# from old service records, including the old window sticker. I also have a some pictures.

VIN# 1T35J9B561710

Car had a 4.4L V-8

Just curious what became of the car, whether it was scrapped for parts or crushed.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpg
    IMG_4463.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor