CHEVY Low Down

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Had a buddy put in a Magnaflow 3” dule
It’s been bottoming out . She’s dressed up well great clamps weld etc . Malibu coupe 79. Shocks etc

What can I do to get this from bottoming out on the filthy roads of Boston. Not fun.

Passenger usually makes it hit. Thanks man Dez

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
There is really on a few solutions.
1) Tuck the exhaust up higher underneath the car.
2) Go to a 2 1/2“ exhaust.
3) Raise the car enough to keep the exhaust from hitting.
4) Don’t have any riders. (Which would kinda suck)

See if you are able to raise the areas that scrape and perhaps raise the car just a little. I know the stance is everything in the look of the car. This may be a first step in enjoying the car on the streets of Boston.

I used to live SE of Pittsburgh with a lowered Roadmaster Wagon and had to be careful where I drove as those roads were pretty crappy. It’s harder to have a lowered vehicle in the northeastern and northern states as the roads are terrible due to the weather tearing them up.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
your new exhaust is to close to the ground,happens with the floor plan lay out on these cars.mod the system to get it closer to the floor pan and practive defensive driving,the roads here in the commonwealth aren't getting any better.

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
your new exhaust is to close to the ground,happens with the floor plan lay out on these cars.mod the system to get it closer to the floor pan and practive defensive driving,the roads here in the commonwealth aren't getting any better.
Great advice. Ya Boston is the pits. I’m interested in it higher in the back opposed to low. Call me old school. I like when the rear is a bit high. Thanks man

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor