lowering the mc, need shock advise asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLMonte88

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2012
ATL, Georgia
sorry to bring up a covered topic but i've been staring at this screen for hours trying to answer my question about shocks, read just about every thread on every forum and still cant decide ...
im in the middle of an LS1 swap on my MC and while the car is already off the road i've decided to lower it 2" all the way around. Already have the drop spindles picked out, thinking opg or umi 2" lowering springs in the rear (input on which to pick is appreciated).. big question is, what shocks? I understand that the front will not require a special shock because i'll be using drop spindles but i've been advised that the rear will need drop shocks, last thing i want is a spring dropping out if i hit a bump too hard. I like the belltech street performance for the rear but want to match them in the front and cant seem to find matching belltech's that are standard length for the front. i've also read in several places that Bilstein makes a shorter shock that I could use in the back and matching the front would be easy. does anyone have a part number for this said "shorter" bilstein shock? i'm open to suggestions, part numbers, links ect.., just want to make sure they are the same brand and color matching front and back. my overall goal is for the stance/ look but would like to get some corner carving performance out of this as well, really dont want to go through 2 or more sets of shocks before i get it right. oh and before it is said, i will not consider paying $120+ per a shock like hotchins and QA1 want to charge. 70-80 bucks a piece like the bilstein hd's run for is about the top of my budget. Thanks in advanced yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor