Ls swap return-less fuel system question

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
all the thinking is done for you, just turn the wrenches now. refer to the posts above you will easily be doing 500hp rear wheel
Do you have the wheel dyno link/s where someone put down 500 to the rollers w/just an LQ4 bottom end, that cam (the 54-469-11), + the 799/243 milled heads?

I've seen videos of bare/stripped down LQ4's w/similar cam combos tickling the 500hp number. But that's bare w/zero accessories on an engine dyno.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Do you have the wheel dyno link/s where someone put down 500 to the rollers w/just an LQ4 bottom end, that cam (the 54-469-11), + the 799/243 milled heads?

I've seen videos of bare/stripped down LQ4's w/similar cam combos tickling the 500hp number. But that's bare w/zero accessories on an engine dyno.
look on you tube lots of good info on it. if i have extra time to waste ill look. i personal have it done to my parts car 83 cutlass i built from extra junk. this isn't rocket science any more even SS2 cam under $300 put out around 514hp. you cant get any more spoon fed than you tube in what to do with no mistakes and guessing.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
look on you tube lots of good info on it. if i have extra time to waste ill look. i personal have it done to my parts car 83 cutlass i built from extra junk. this isn't rocket science any more even SS2 cam under $300 put out around 514hp. you cant get any more spoon fed than you tube in what to do with no mistakes and guessing.
No offense intended. There is a lot of info out there so no spoon feeding needed here....

I do research things. Alot. Not saying it isn't possible which is why I asked specifically for any link/s to a 500 rear-wheel hp combo you mentioned.

500hp to the ground = >600 @ the crank. My YT views/learnings along w/hot rodding experience suggest that number is unlikely in a N/A typical street driver w/o serious cam timing events (more than the typical SloppyS2 range), compression, & RPM's or by adding cubes + matched cam. A SS2 range cam type of milder build w/some sort of power boost/assist? Sure.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
500+hp N/A to the wheels out of an LQ4 6.0l will be some big Heads, high RPM, big Cam, high compression.. yea you get the idea. 500hp Crank out of a LQ4 is easy with a decent Cam and good Heads. Get the compression up.

As far as the C5 Corvette Regulator, I must be the only one who has one on the planet that is perfect given it's been in my SS since 2010, with a Walbro 255 Pump. 65psi at idle and low 60's at like 6800RPM the last time I tested it. Healthy Cammed 6.0l with LS6 Injectors, and clearly no fuel issues. Fuel system I designed at the time to make it work with what was out there. Now that I think about it, I had it in two other cars before that since March 2007. Moved the whole LS Engine setup I had to different chassis when they got destroyed. I think it's how the Fuel system is setup is the key here.

Oh wait one in my C5 Z06 too, been there since 2002. How did I ever get that lucky... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
Quick update,

Since the car is back halfed, there wasn’t an ideal spot to mount everything in the same
Vicinity, only option was under the quarter areas but was directly in the path of crap kicking up from the tires, or at the very rear almost in the bumper, but in case I get rear ended, I wouldn’t want the pinto outcome so I baught a 28.5” thin walled steel rectangular channel which I’m currently laying out the setup and hose routing, that I’m going to weld in across the rear frame, out the cell, to the shut off valve, under to the 100 micron summit pre-filter, into the walbro 255, to the C5 ffr, returned back up to the cell, and feed line to the front, I’m just going to run a single connection to the rear of the passanger side rail through the front crossover with the driver side rear capped and with a Tee’d fuel pressure gauge.

I couldn’t find the correct size walbro mount anywhere so purchased the universal cheap kit which clamped well

For the pre filter the only 44mm mount kit I found that fit as well was the granatelli

Waiting for 2 90° fittings to connect prefilter to pump. i have a female to female connector i was originally going to connect the pre filter to the pump directly horizontally but felt more comfortable with using hose in between instead of a solid/rigid connection

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
500+hp N/A to the wheels out of an LQ4 6.0l will be some big Heads, high RPM, big Cam, high compression.. yea you get the idea. 500hp Crank out of a LQ4 is easy with a decent Cam and good Heads. Get the compression up.

As far as the C5 Corvette Regulator, I must be the only one who has one on the planet that is perfect given it's been in my SS since 2010, with a Walbro 255 Pump. 65psi at idle and low 60's at like 6800RPM the last time I tested it. Healthy Cammed 6.0l with LS6 Injectors, and clearly no fuel issues. Fuel system I designed at the time to make it work with what was out there. Now that I think about it, I had it in two other cars before that since March 2007. Moved the whole LS Engine setup I had to different chassis when they got destroyed. I think it's how the Fuel system is setup is the key here.

Oh wait one in my C5 Z06 too, been there since 2002. How did I ever get that lucky... :)
But you do everything whacky, like pulling the engine transmission still attached

😂😂😂😂🤣

Kidding aside, you’re running factory ECU’s that can handle a non rising regulator much better than, probably exponentially better, than an aftermarket ECU. And a 255 is fine NA . But there is nothing wrong with recommending the extra headroom that a 450 offers.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor