{{{{{{{{{{{{ LS2 or LS3 }}}}}}}}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I started to look for a LS2 but couldn't find one at my budget price so i went with the Ls1 but if you can i would start with the LS2 they have the updates most ls1's don't.. ie ls6 intake though you can get it from 2000+ LS1. I still think i an get 400hp flywheel HP out of my 99 LS1 even though it doesn't most of the upgrades from the factory. Wished i would have gotten a T56 trans though :?

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Good posts. I'm HOPING to save up enough money over the next 5 years to at least get the LS3 bought. Would REALLY love to supercharge it, but maybe that will wait a bit more. Thanks for the help. Been doing some looking and it seems that there are a couple more sites specifically dedicated to retrofitting LS's into older cars like G-Bodies. They even have kits available.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
BulldawgMusclecars said:
You might want to check out my build thread on Pro-Touring.com:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.p ... libu-Wagon!

This was a pretty high-buck build...LS3 with the hot cam (480hp out of the crate), new GM trans, convertor, controllers, full BRP/Musclerods swap kit and long tubes...but the main thing I'd emphasize to anyone contemplating one of these swaps is that getting the engine, and installing it in the car, is the cheap and easy part. Wiring, programming, fuel system plumbing, cooling system mods (none of your existing hoses work), power steering hoses, accessory drives, oil pans, exhaust mods, driveshaft modifications, air conditioning...all of it adds up.

x16000000

I haven't clicked your link, but I hated the way BRP wants you to install their crossmember. I opted for an Iceman crossmember for my 4L60E.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
BulldawgMusclecars said:
You might want to check out my build thread on Pro-Touring.com:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.p ... libu-Wagon!

This was a pretty high-buck build...LS3 with the hot cam (480hp out of the crate), new GM trans, convertor, controllers, full BRP/Musclerods swap kit and long tubes...but the main thing I'd emphasize to anyone contemplating one of these swaps is that getting the engine, and installing it in the car, is the cheap and easy part. Wiring, programming, fuel system plumbing, cooling system mods (none of your existing hoses work), power steering hoses, accessory drives, oil pans, exhaust mods, driveshaft modifications, air conditioning...all of it adds up.

Really nice build you have going on there. If I wasn't so anal about all the little things on my car I would've gone the E-rod route as well.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
87montecarlomrc said:
go to ebay and look sometimes theres some good ones. I know your looking for the ls2 or ls3 but the l4m 5.3 are still the ls series motors and on ebay for under $1000 and u can get some crazy power out of them and the save some money to. im probly going that route
whats a l4m 5.3 L? haha i know a 5.3 is a 327 but wats a l4m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor