Marketplace aggravation

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
The stupid people on Marketplace are what make the stories interesting but I've had more flawless deals and transactions than stupid people. It's just that the good transactions are not an interesting storey to tell people.

My favourite one was selling a bird cage. Did not know the brand but I described it the best I can and included dimensions. The guy drove 2 hours with his entire family in the car. Looked at the cage, said it's too small and left. :cry:

This is probably true for me too. Just I feel like you have to wade through a lot of BS now to even get to the point of making a sale

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Wait until you post something for free and have people potato that deal.. that's next level speshul, and shows you literally what society is now.
I’ve gone through that quite a bit giving stuff away. When I do that it’s usually through a local freecycle group. I had one person accuse me of favoritism and breaking the rules of the group. Like I gave a crap who I gave some clothes to??

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I’ve gone through that quite a bit giving stuff away. When I do that it’s usually through a local freecycle group. I had one person accuse me of favoritism and breaking the rules of the group. Like I gave a crap who I gave some clothes to??
That same person would be the one to want it but ask you to hold it for them for like a month... nope.

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada

Those free groups can be worse. Lots of complaints, people who don't show up, or expect you to pay for their gas/time. Others who complain about people who get stuff free through the group and then resell...

Sometimes I just put stuff at the end of the laneway with a 'free' sign on it.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
A friend of my last GF got a new mattress set & tried to give away the old stuff on FBMP. She had several people 'wanting' the set but w/special requests (can you hold them for x-days; can you deliver them; I need the rails too etc....).

I told her I'd just put them @ the curb on a nice sunny day but @ the minimum to put it on the listing that they're free to the right person that can come & get them when she wants them gone. No delivery. No helping you load them. No holding them until....

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yes that's why I said what I said above, even giving it away for free people still feel entitled to something for the "work" on "their" end. I've had people ask me to even deliver free stuff.

People are sh*t its that simple.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
was trying to get info from a FBMP seller for Silverado seats. I said I can come look, "ok, today?" "sure, what's the address?" (the map approximated about 10 miles from my house) "*** Dumbess Way" "wtf? that's not north central Austin! that's far southeast Austin past the airport! another 20+ miles and 45 minutes of driving and traffic!"

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I just sold a Jeep with a rotten frame. Posted pics of the rot, and all I got were requests for more rot pics. Had to change the ad that if you asked about rot pics, I would block them. First guy came and wanted to buy it for is daughter, I had to push him away. Second guy wanted it but wouldn’t stop talking. Had my neighbor meet him the first time to show the truck, he chewed his ear off. Then he called me to tell me how much money he left with him for it. Then a bunch of messages. My neighbor cut him off when he came back. Lonely man I guess.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor