Monte 3.8 n/a to turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaBeGTP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2008
A friend of mine who is into import cars and tends to impulse buy things for no reason bought the turbo setup from someone for a grand national. I just recently got my monte carlo this weekend, and it has the buick 3.8L in it. Will this motor hold up to boost or should I look for another block and build it up a bit? It only has 129,947kms as of today. And was previously an old lady car. I really would like to do this being as I think it would be a good sleeper set up. :twisted: Thanks for any input in advance.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
its gotta be rebuilt, to exactly what specs. I dont know. The more knowledgable members will let you know what you have to do.

WannaBeGTP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks, I'll wait for hopefully some more info at what I need to do.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
yes you gotta rebuild it better pistons and rods at least most n/a engines can only take 5psi before they blow.What year is the turbo set up off of did you get the inter cooler intake manifold efi etc etc.

WannaBeGTP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2008
Ok so with some constant advice from my dad I'm going to just sell off the turbo set up and do a v8 swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor