My Cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
This is the day I brough her home, I think.

PA010254.jpg

She's all smashed up in the front now :( and I don't know where the dgital camera is.

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
That's how it came, she's been around the block more than a few times :wink:

Although, what's the difference?

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
Well, no suprise. My title says "rebuilt" on it for a reason.

Bloody weather though, I'd be out trying to find a new front end, but not with it snowing every day. I keep tossing around just going to all fiberglass, but it's a lot of coin for a car that I'd picked up mostly as a beater.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
you sure that is an 87, several things seem back dated to a circa 83 model, you got pix of the tail lights?

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
No, I haven't a clue what it is really. The thing has been a pile of parts in the past. Although, my title definatly has it listed as an 87. And I doubt the tail lights are original, as they definatly got taken out at one of those times.

Yeah, I lost my camera. It's bothering me.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's hard to tell, but it has 84 grilles in it, and definitely the header is from 86 back.

It's easy to swap the front ends. But there's one thing that screams post 85 car, and that's the rear glass with the 3rd eye brakelight. This was a requirement in 1986 and up cars, and I can faintly see that the defroster grid is shaped to accomodate the 3rd brake light. Thus, it's at LEAST an 86 or newer rear glass. Those are a major pain to get out, so my bet is, if the VIN says 87, the title says 87, then it's an 87 with some different year parts put on it.

About the taillights, they would be solid red with a red (probably faded) rocket emblem in the center of the light. Also, the backup lamps would have a red perimeter stripe around the lens. 86 and up used those too.

One more thing to check, see if the VIN matches what's on the SPID sticker under the trunklid on the driver's side.

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
Yeah, it's definatly an 87. Everything checks out as such. She just had a rough past.

I tore down the front and replaced all the deer damage, but for the hood. I sledgehammered the hood so it fits, yeah, I'm not a fan of body work. I got lucky and found parts while on vacation and brought them back with me... Anyways, while pulling it apart I found all the telltale overspray and mismatched hardware indicating that the front wasn't origonal. No suprise there.

Hopefully the weather clears up so I can rattle can her seude. Maybe I'll fix the small rust while I'm at it, hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor