MALIBU Mystery part

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Could some tell me where and how these and what? These parts go to ?

Attachments

• IMG_1158.jpeg
    IMG_1158.jpeg
    971.9 KB · Views: 56

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It’s been a while, but I believe those go at the upper mounting point for the lap belt/shoulder harness assembly. The tongue goes behind the roof rail garnish molding and the bolt goes through the hole and then there should be a cover for the bolt

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
It’s been a while, but I believe those go at the upper mounting point for the lap belt/shoulder harness assembly. The tongue goes behind the roof rail garnish molding and the bolt goes through the hole and then there should be a cover for the bolt
Oh the t50 bolt. We have a good relationship! Looks like I’m back at it. Thanks man. Tell me the tongue goes north
? Behind the roof rail? Thanks again Dez

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Your on the money. T-50 bolt goes through above the "B" pillar for the shoulder belt anchor. Tongue goes behind the roof moldings. This is the passenger side on my 79 Monte Carlo.

20230717_162744.jpg 20230717_162829.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Your on the money. T-50 bolt goes through above the "B" pillar for the shoulder belt anchor. Tongue goes behind the roof moldings. This is the passenger side on my 79 Monte Carlo.

View attachment 224655 View attachment 224657
Great image. Helps. This seat belt restore was a journey. Easy . As I deleted the middle passenger belts . As this car came with all the trim off and the belts cut!
So I’m in reverse . Where do the coat hooks go. I got the plastic no hooks yet . Thanks Dez

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
While I no longer have my Malibu Classic maybe this will get you in the neighborhood.
On the 79 Monte Carlo the coat hook is about 8.125 inches back from the seat belt anchor point. Center of fastener to center of fastener, this puts in in about the center of the rear side window.
You should be able to feel a slight depression in the headliner backing around this area.
If I remember correct on my two door non Landau Malibu Classic the coat hook was just slightly forward of center of the rear side windows.

20230717_190015.jpg

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
While I no longer have my Malibu Classic maybe this will get you in the neighborhood.
On the 79 Monte Carlo the coat hook is about 8.125 inches back from the seat belt anchor point. Center of fastener to center of fastener, this puts in in about the center of the rear side window.
You should be able to feel a slight depression in the headliner backing around this area.
If I remember correct on my two door non Landau Malibu Classic the coat hook was just slightly forward of center of the rear side windows.

View attachment 224659
Another great shot. Thanks for your help Dez

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor