New E Hummer coming

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Just saw another article about the new GMC Electric Hummer thats coming out. Sounds really interesting with 300-350 mileage per charge. Over 1,000 lb. ft. of torque. High off road ground clearance. And they’re bringing back the 4 wheel steering of the early 2000s Silverado/Sierras option. The pick-up looks like an updated Avalanche. I like it. Have to wait awhile to find out if it lives up to it’s promises in the real world.what’s anybody else heard/read or think about it?

Reactions: 2 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Just saw another article about the new GMC Electric Hummer thats coming out. Sounds really interesting with 300-350 mileage per charge. Over 1,000 lb. ft. of torque. High off road ground clearance. And they’re bringing back the 4 wheel steering of the early 2000s Silverado/Sierras option. The pick-up looks like an updated Avalanche. I like it. Have to wait awhile to find out if it lives up to it’s promises in the real world.what’s anybody else heard/read or think about it?
A vehicle like this is long overdue. I hope the main stream OEMs crush Tesla’s stupid cyber truck. Personally I’m looking forward To all the electric car offerings that are coming. We will need a new CUV soon and I’m reluctant to buy a gas model. I think Ford is going to knock it out of the park with their electric truck. We will see.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
This is the perfect vehicle for people who have significant disposable income and want the outward visibility of saving the world and view luxury as having the most electronic do-dads.

It's going to sell like crazy.

I'd bet a slim percentage of Tesla purchasers buy one because they actually care about 'saving the world', they just want to own the fancy new electronic do-dad thing (which there isn't anything wrong with) and this is the thing to do it with.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Forget the Hummer. Box up its drivetrain and send it to my garage for aftermarket development work. 🛠️

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think Ford is going to knock it out of the park with their electric truck.
You mean that new eMustang thing? I've seen 2 of them ugly sumbiches around here over the weekend. Can't believe someone wants that abomination and disgrace of the model name in their driveway, much less be seen in one.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
You mean that new eMustang thing? I've seen 2 of them ugly sumbiches around here over the weekend. Can't believe someone wants that abomination and disgrace of the model name in their driveway, much less be seen in one.
Nope the Mach E is an SUV. It’s actually not that bad and I much prefer it over the Tesla counterpart. I can tell you I work with Tesla and their engineers are a bunch of Google rejects (i’m trying to be nice here). The stupidity and lack of experience is clear. Ford’s electric truck will be a body on frame vehicle and should resemble your typical F150

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
They've had electric Hummers for years. Just can't see myself buying one... :)

t123182.001

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 12 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Aren't ALL electric vehicles ......."Hummers" .......HMMMMM? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Got that right, I almost got run over in a parking garage because I couldn’t hear it coming from behind.. They should add big block sound effects to the Hummer

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor