New G-Body member

Status
Not open for further replies.

journeyforce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2012
Greetings G-Body Folks

I am new to the forum but not new to the A/G Body. I just bought a 1985 Cutlass Sedan for $1000 last week. It is the version with the leather top on it which is great looking for being 27 years old. It also has no rust.

I have had G/A Bodies in the past (87 Supreme sedan and 80 Malibu)

Here is a few pics

cuttynewpic.jpg

IMG-20120807-00548.jpg

Here is what I have done so far to the car:

1. Converted the broken power seat(cracked seat transmission) to manual by switching seat tracks
2. Put a FM Modulator(the kind that plugs into the antenna port on the radio) in so I can use my iPod
3. Replaced some vacuum lines(will go through and replace more when I get time and the temp is not so hot outside)
4. Fixed passenger side mirror(the pivot was frozen and the mirror could not be adjusted and also reglued the glass)
5. Dumped the wire wheel hubcaps(no key) and put a set of 1967-1968 Cutlass hubcaps on.
6. Replaced cracked grill with one from a 1984 sedan

Things I want to do:

1. Put a analog or digital dash clock in. They offered them from 78-83 but stopped starting in 84 because GM put a clock on the radio. Even though GM stopped putting clocks in the Cutlass, the mount and wire harness is still included in the 84-88 Cutlass G-Body. (the harness connector is taped off behind the radio so you need to feed it up to where it is clipped into behind that trim piece with the Oldsmobile rocket symbol on it) All you need is the clock, two screws that came with the clock and the trim piece with the opening for the clock. I did this with my 1987 Cutlass

2. Get a sway bar, bolts and bracket from a Monte Carlo(this car does not have it but the holes are there)

3. Get a replacement vacuum ball so I get air coming out of my vents(the ball is behind the front bumper on the sedan and it had a big hole in it(I plugged the hose with a screw to prevent a vacuum leak)
4. Replace the Idle Air Controller(attached to the carb) It was unplugged and when I plugged it in it does not seem to work. The car runs fine without it but I want to have it working.
5. Reglue headliner

I look forward to learning from you folks

Nice clean sedan and welcome to the forum bro. Start a build thread and post lotsa pics!!

:friday:

Welcome to the boards!!! I have a rear swaybar from an 87 mcss,and also have replacement vacumm ball.can do both for 90.00 shipped.pm me if interested.

Thanks for your warm welcome G-Body folks. Here are two pics of the 1967-1968 Cutlass hubcaps I have on my car

hubcap1.jpg

hubcap2.jpg

They are not outlandish or garish but simple and subtle with the name Oldsmobile on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor