New here, might need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandotheamazing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2007
Hey, building a car. 1983 Regal Limited. Big Block Buick. around 500 or so HP. Mostly for street use (radical for street tho) but i don't live near a track (In NY on long island) but i want a nasty car. I've been collecting parts for a couple years, originial plan was to put this motor into a 68 lesabre 4 dr sedan. Came upon a clean regal for 500 bucks, so i went for it. now i won't be running AC, but heat yes.

question is, do i want to make this a 4 speed car, or buy a switch pitch th400 (original plan), gotta decide soon, as it's time to put this monster together. I will eventually be running a ford nine, till i have the money for that i'm going to weld my spider gears (I know it'll probably just break anyway if i ever get hooked up)

have new springs all around, high jacker shocks in rear, gabrielle gas shocks up front, what else.... I'm probably going to run braided steel fuel lines all the way from the back (with a little extra slack) for a future fuel cell in the trunk (as big as i can get)

my hopes are to have a tone of fun, this is my first build, befor this i've driven SUV's on their last legs (about 4 in the past few years) but always got them dirt cheap, like a couple hundred bucks. Did a lot of offroading, and i drove the 68 for two summers, but she's been off the rd for about 4 years now, dead motor, spun bearings.

But back to the question, do i want to go four speed, if so what do i need to do. Or should i just go with the th400?

Brandotheamazing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2007
Automatic

Decided to go TH400 switch pitch, will be ordering my trans tomorrow. figured i didn't know enough about the 4 speed, and didn't get enough help fast enough. I want to have this car together sometime in march, so i'm going auto. then i'll have a killer ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor