New, sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgpolo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2010
Ft Worth, Texas
I wanted to post something and say thank you to all of the folks out there. I have been following this forum for awhile and have gotten a huge amount of information for my build. I believe that I have posted here before, but it was a long time ago...

Now with the projects...

I have a 79 El Camino that is currently in MANY pieces and almost ready to go back together. I have never had a car this far apart before. Currently, it is on jackstands while I rebuild the suspension and finish the floorpan installation. Gbodyparts supplied the tubular a-frames and control arms along with eibach spring and KYB shocks. Body bushing will be changed while it is off the ground and "light." S-10 spindles and dual caliper brakes will go on the front when I put all of the parts back together. It came with a 700r4 and a TIRED 305. Will go with a crate 350 after my workshop is emptied of parts. I have 90% the interior, including S-10 bucket seats and a console. It will be a floor shift for awhile and then will install a T-5.

As well, I bought my youngest son his first car a few weeks ago. 78 Cutlass Salon (fastback). Will have to get just the right paint and parts to make that one look good. It is not a nice looking car, but the price was right. $750 for a 90k mile car, runs great, 260 small block with buckets and floor shift. Paint is the original baby blue with white vinyl top and blue and white interior. AWFUL but we are working it.

Again, any input is greatly appreciated and thanks for the help.

Polo

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
ssgpolo,
Welcome (again?)!
I think it's totally cool to hear of another father son "team". Forming bonds that will last forever. I salute you both!
I've pick up a like new frame (never seen snow) for my 80 El Camino. This is to be my winter project. Just what winter it will be completed I haven't a clue! Keep us (me!) up to date on how, what, when, where, and with who,,,,,,on your El Camino! LOL! Good luck too.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor