New Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
As some of you know I have had trouble getting my tires to hook up after putting in the 403. After adding UMI upper and lower control arms, relocation brackets for the lower arms, anti hop bars, and a hellwig sway bar, and still not hooking very often I put on some M/T 295/55-15 ET Street Radials.
img22312.jpg

img2230f.jpg

wonderboy24 said:
they look good.did that help the problem?
I won't know until next Friday when I go back to the track. If they hook I will get into the 11's

I'm curious, did you put the relocation brackets and anti-hop bars on at the same time? I ask because I dont believe you're supposed to use them together, just one or the other.

jrm81bu said:
I'm curious, did you put the relocation brackets and anti-hop bars on at the same time? I ask because I dont believe you're supposed to use them together, just one or the other.
I put the relocation brackets on first and the anti hop bars a few weeks later. I had never heard that they should not be used together. I haven't had any problems with using them both. I think the bigger tires will solve the wheel spin problem, the 255/60-15's are just not enough tire for 430 ft/lb of torque this motor puts out, and then add a 100 shot of nitrous.

shanghaismith said:
jrm81bu said:
I put the relocation brackets on first and the anti hop bars a few weeks later. I had never heard that they should not be used together. I haven't had any problems with using them both. I think the bigger tires will solve the wheel spin problem, the 255/60-15's are just not enough tire for 430 ft/lb of torque this motor puts out, and then add a 100 shot of nitrous.

The idea for either one is to change the instant center of the vehicle. Doing them both at the same time will prolly put it too far in the opposite direction.

Those should do the trick. Did you ever repeat your compression test? I thought you had some big variance on cylinders. Very impressive times anyways.

olds307 and 403 said:
Those should do the trick. Did you ever repeat your compression test? I thought you had some big variance on cylinders. Very impressive times anyways.
I haven't done another check yet. I will wait a while and let the Engine Restore work for about 1,000 miles and then check the pressures again.

I went to the track last night and made several runs with the new tires. Last week with the 255/60's my best 60' was 2.043,
this week with the 295/55's my best 60' was 1.82. If I raise the point that the NO2 (100 shot) comes in I think I can do a little better. My best run of the night was 12.149 at 112 MPH.

jrm81bu said:
shanghaismith said:
jrm81bu said:

The idea for either one is to change the instant center of the vehicle. Doing them both at the same time will prolly put it too far in the opposite direction.

This is a good point, I would check were it is.

Nice set of new shoes they look good on the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor