New user with a 1978 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Kevin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2013
Top of it friends. Just thought I'd join in on the fun. I have had my 1978 Olds Cutlass since High School and I graduated in 1992. I'm the 2nd owner. It's in amazing shape, it has the 79 Hurst white paint scheme with the camel tan and white interior. It's sort of a camel gold metallic, not quite as gold as the Hurst, but very similar. Pitifully slow 260 with th-200 and 7.5 rear. Looking to change all of it, but keep the original parts. Eventually dropping in a 68-72 OLDS 350 with a th-350 trans. Rear=built 7.5 or 8.5 with 3.23 posi. I was pondering a th-2004, but that would require additional molesting and taking away more from the stock look. Plus, I rarely drive it, so mileage is not a concern.

Welcome aboard, Kevin

Doug

Welcome Pics r always good.

The 200r4 would mount up nicely and give about the same ratio as the th350 and jic you do take a trip in it will keep your mileage up. Yes they are a bit weaker, but if built correctly they can handle the hp.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a nice cutlass. Any pics?

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, that 350 will be a nice mod to a nice ride like that. Keep us posted and share some pics when you can....

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor