New Wagon From WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

newb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Well, I recently picked up my first G-Body. An '83 Malibu wagon.

3K83L93J15L75K45H4d3a88deb23f3f0c1698.jpeg

3Gb3Mc3oa5Nc5I75Ked3a617625e7e2461714.jpeg

20130315_180211.jpg

The original roof rack is off now (I have it tho), and someone stole the Chevelle center caps in the first pics so now its got the dog dishes. Its got a 3.8 and TH350 with 95k on it.

First plan is for a 5.3 swap. Nothin crazy, just lookin to use all stock parts to give this thing a little more cruise-ability for its daily commute.

Im excited to work with a new platform, and havin a wagon for the family is an added bonus lol.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Clean longroof! Looks pretty straight. Glad to see another guy from WA that's not on 26s.

newb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Thanks! Ya its pretty straight, but shows some age. Lol, ya it wont be getting any giant rims. Ever. Im thinkin about tryin out some Rallies with disc brake centers though. After I get the motor swapped anyways.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Right on, can't go wrong with rally's.
I myself was planning on getting the Summit version of the pro stars. But then my buddy gets wheels and tires wholesale and showed me this wheel they have that looks like the Torq Thrusts. They start in 18s.... I may do those, only because you can still make that look decent on these cars without sitting high. And they are cheaper than the stars, for me. Lol..

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Hey hey I like this, lot more WA guys comin around the forum. We will have to all go cruising together sometime or sumthn.

newb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Crapple21 said:
I live in puyallup wa as well I think I may have seen you driving it before

Might have. Ive had the car about a month, and drive it every where lol. By chance, is your car the one with the white bow tie in the back window?

dlo253 said:
Hey hey I like this, lot more WA guys comin around the forum. We will have to all go cruising together sometime or sumthn.

That would be cool. Ive got a few friends in the area that have some G Body cars too. Theyve been talkin about gettin somethin goin.

Blake442 said:
Welcome!
Great lookin wagon!
I love the two-tone paint and the dog-dish caps... :banana:

Thanks! I wasnt a big fan at first, but theyre growin on me lol.

malibu80 said:
Congrads on the wagon. If my memory is correct. Was this car on Craigslist recently?

It was. About a month ago. The first 2 pics are the ones that were in the post lol.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Nice to see another clean wagon join our forum. I love the way it looks just the way it sits, don't change a thing...cosmetically anyway.
Too bad about your Chevelle hubcaps. They looked great on your car. They're exactly the ones I will be using . Mine were from a '67 Camaro. What size steelies are you using?
MVC-840S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor