New Wheel Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschevyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009
Im lookin to get these wheels. They are the torque thrust-m black with the machined lip. Second row first wheel on the left.
http://www.americanracing.com/browse_ar.asp
I will go with the 17x8 all around however if I can get an offset deep dish look for the rears I would rather do so. Can anyone who knows something about backspacing, offsets etc help me to know what will fit and look decent on my 86 Monte Carlo SS. Thanks guys I appreciate it.

I believe the stock wheel spacing was 3.25" on all those Montes from 78-88. Correct me If Im wrong.

But I do support you on the Deep Dish look, very cool IMO.

I was gonna go with them until I priced the Coys that I have now.
17x8 with 4.5 backspace.
100_0181.jpg

On an 8" wheel, 4" backspacing is what you need. Any more will cause wheel clearance issues at the upper control arm, as well as tire rubbing against the frame rail. 4" will work fine on the rear, also, though you may have to grind on the wheel lips a bit, depending on tire sidewall width. All my experience is with my Camino, but should apply to any G.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor