Newb in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russellmn

n00b
Dec 31, 2022
Hello all. I'm Russell, live up in East Central Minnesota. I just put a down payment on an 82 El Camino, waiting for the seller to get the title. Hopefully be able to drive it home in a couple weeks, if not sooner.

So, it's a low mileage (supposedly anyway) Conquistador. Odo says 32k miles, pedals don't look overly worn down so I'm leaning towards believing it, but at the same time, there's a small crunch in the pass rear corner and the grille shell is pushed back on the pass side. Upside is that it's a Montana car with ZERO rust. Got it up on the lift and the frame looks better than my 2012 Silverado. And seeing what I've got planned for it, the mileage doesn't really matter to me.

It currently has a 305, th350 that runs and shifts great. So naturally I'll be pulling that junk out! I've got a very nicely built LQ4 6.0L built for boost that I'll be slipping in there with a 4L80 behind it. Goal is to run low-9s/high-8s with it while completing a drag and drive or two. I'm in the early stages of a longer term build on a 63 Chevy II and I decided that before I get into a 7 second car, I should probably spend some time in an 8/9 second car to kinda gradually work up from my current fastest time of 10.7x that I did about 20 years ago.

So anyway, I've already got a 9" on order from Trick Chassis along with their instant center correction kit and lower torque boxes from Team Z. Will be fitting 275/28s out back. Planning Viking Coilovers all round and I'm sure I'll find plenty more to spend my money on. Looking forward to reading what everyone else is building and doing with their cars.

purchase day.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Welcome! Looks like a good start!

If you get ready by this September there's a crew of MN IA WI guys that do a weekend drag n drive event at tri state, Cordova and Byron.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor