NOT GETTING 12 VOLTS TO DISTRIBUTOR???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I just installed a engine in my 80 monte carlo and sometimes it will not get 12 volts to the distributor, i can run hot wire the distributor and it will fire up after that it will fire up using original distributor wire wasted doing this before installing new engine any HELP?THANKS

BlairC_789

Apprentice
Jun 18, 2021
North Carolina
Do you have low voltage or no voltage at all going to the distributor when its not firing? And do you have a HEI or Points distributor?

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Trace the wire from the distributor.... possibly pinched somewhere or theres a loose connection at the firewall panel, then trace it from inside the firewall panel to the ignition switch at the bottom of the steering column to the fuse panel and any fuse(s) associated with it checking for a full 12v at all points.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Its the pink wire in the bulkhead connector. Check it where it comes out. If the wires bad its not hard to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor