OBD1 Distributor wiring loom

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Does anyone sell the OBD1 distributor wiring loom? This is the 4 wire 4 pin connector between the ignition module in the distributor that goes thru the base of the distributor and connects to your engine compartment wiring harness. I suspect mine might be bad. A Google search only produced adapter harnesses that convert OBD1 (or 2) to OBD2 (or 1).

Can't get it from GM anymore. 3rd party you can, like ebay.

Guessing 307 Olds V8 or Chevy 305?

New is $150.00 + 8.00 shipping, plus any sales taxes.

You're talking about the Computer connector 4 pin that goes to the passenger side, correct? Olds 307 and Chevy 305 uses GM p/n 1979733.

Do you need one? Ima gonna guess so. It helps to know what engine you have, though. They have different ones depending on your setup. It appears the only difference in the new ones is the color of the retainer block and the wire colors. They still go to the same places.

It JUST SO HAPPENS I have a good, but used 1979733. Today I was putting together a Delco distributor with all new Delco parts (except for shaft and gear). The distributor I took the shaft from still had its electronics.

The end of the security clip which holds it to the module broke, but the darn thing is so tough to put on and pull off, you wouldn't need it anyway.

It actually mounts inside the distributor with a little screw and the wiring is hanging out the side of the distributor.

Part is delineated with the red arrow below. The yellow arrow is pointing to the little piece of security clip that is broken off the used part. It won't affect the operation at all.

1979733 USED Terminal Block Distributor.jpg

If you think you can use it, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Make sure it's the part you need, though. If it's a 6 cylinder, it could be different, I don't know.

Reactions: 1 users
It's the SBC 305. I only suspect that because when installing the engine, the distributor bumped the firewall and that's exactly where that wiring comes out at...the back of the distributor. The past couple months occasionally the engine will just stall without any warning. I have to pop open the hood and wiggle the main wiring loom that the distributor wiring connects to and then it starts again. That's pretty annoying. And I do realize it could also be something in the main wiring loom that the distributor connects to. But it never did that in the car that it came from. Electrical issues are so much fun! Anyway, I'm going to try and get a new one from the maker of the distributor first...if it's available that way from them.. It's a new distributor.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor