Offy Vs Edelbrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Thinking of intake choices for my BBO. I see some on here that use Edelbrock's Torker II I've look at those but was thumbing through the pages of PAW I saw Offenhauser intakes which use a 360 degree design versus Edelbrock's 180 degree. Which intake is preferred. The big block is going to see more street use than track use. Any .02 is welcome!!

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Need to know the specs on your engine to help. What cam, compression ratio, heads, etc. What do you want to use the car for?

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
teambop said:
Thinking of intake choices for my BBO. I see some on here that use Edelbrock's Torker II I've look at those but was thumbing through the pages of PAW I saw Offenhauser intakes which use a 360 degree design versus Edelbrock's 180 degree. Which intake is preferred. The big block is going to see more street use than track use. Any .02 is welcome!!

The Offy 360 intakes are crap. They are simply a large flat open plenum with no runner shaping or any attempt to improve flow. Note that these manifolds were designed in the 1960s and have not evolved since then.

By the way, the Torker II and Victor air gap intakes ARE single plane (ie, 360 degree designs). The Performer is a dual plane.

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Offenhauser Vs Edelbrock

I like the Offy Port-O-Sonic, and Super-Sonic intake's.

On another note Edelbrock is coming out with a Air Gap Intake for the BBO in Feb!
RPM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor