442 Oil Pan Gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB87442

Apprentice
Nov 27, 2021
Cartersville, GA
Hi all. I'm looking for a source for an oil pan gasket that is not the cork style. Does anyone have any recommendations? Original '87 Oldsmobile 442 307 engine.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Only the Felpro latex coated cork Felpro OS30471C or the Milidon 40800 fiber composite gaskets are the only non cork or cork rubber available that I know of. A one piece rubber gasket would be nice but doubt if it will ever come available.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The original is cork with steel core. What's wrong with reusing one of those? They work fine.

GM p/n 22519181.

There's also a whole plethora of pieces parts people have used. Search for the threads.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The original is cork with steel core. What's wrong with reusing one of those? They work fine.

GM p/n 22519181.

There's also a whole plethora of pieces parts people have used. Search for the threads.

I coated one of these pan gaskets with RTV and let it dry before installing, worked quite well. I have had seepage on the coated Felpro and Milidon pan gaskets.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor