Oldsmobile Technical Service Bulletins pre-80

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
All data only goes back to 80. My car is a 79. Can you believe my luck? LOL.

Are there any technical service bulletins available for 79 and older Oldsmobiles? They have to be out there somewhere! But where?

I was mainly looking to see if there were any TSBs for the emissions system. The 3 port ported vacuum switch is no longer available so I am thinking that Oldsmobile probably decided laster in life to change that part to something else.

Do you have a vacuum diagram for the 4.3L 260 2BBL on the 1980 Cutlass Cruiser? I am curious to see how it compares to the 1979 version. I can still get the parts for the 1980 engine so maybe I can just convert my engine over to the 1980 system.

Thanks,
Gary

I'll look into that for you tonight (have to dig the books out), they should provide some decent detail. I'll see if i can some how post them up for you.

Those picture should be very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to take pictures of them and for posting them. I am not sure which picture is for what, though. I really only need the non-California non-High Altitude with Automatic Transmission version. Are you about to tell which one that is?

Thanks,
Gary

That is the one for the 79 low alt, non cali.
All the 1980 ones are non cali, low alt. the upper lh corner letter code OA is for the cutlass wagon.

Thanks. I have the 79 manual so I was good with that one but I had not seen the 80 diagrams. It looks like they made it a bit more complicated. I don't have an air pump, whatever that is. I think I will probably just use a 120 degree 3 port ported vac switch and a check valve or just bypass it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor